Life is made easy for you here at your home away from home! The little reception barn is stocked up with games, toys, books and even buckets & spades for your beach trips. We’ll show you where to look on the maps and walking routes for some not-to-be-missed places to visit close by and further afield. Leaflets and information about local attractions are here, as well as some local takeaway menus as we understand you might just feel too relaxed to cook.
Logs, Firelighters & Matches are all provided in reception, with the log store right next door so you can help yourselves filling up the basket for your cosy log burners.
Kitchen Barn with Lakeside Views
At Kingfisher Lakes we have made things easy for you with great facilities that you have shared access to, including a fabulous communal kitchen barn so camp-cooking will be a breeze!
It’s a lovely spot in the morning sunshine and with the smell of others cooking bacon wafting around, it becomes a bit of a social hub where families can meet or where full-site groups can take over the barn for themselves for food storage and mealtimes.
Provided in the Kitchen Barn:
- Large fridge/freezer
- Kettles & Toasters
- Sink (drinking water & washing up)
- Cloths/teatowels/washing up liquid/handwash/cleaning spray/kitchen roll
- Gas hob rings
- Pots and Pans
- Mugs & Glasses
- Crockery (provided per tent)
- Cutlery (provided per tent)
- Tumblers (provided per tent)
- Tea/Coffee/Sugar sachets; Salt/Pepper/Cooking Oil
- Picnic tables & benches
- Kids chairs/highchair
Underfloor-Heated Loos & Showers
For anyone in your family/group not so sure about ‘camping’ they can rest assured that here at Kingfisher Lakes the shared washroom situation is a very pleasant one! It’s always lovely and warm in here with the underfloor heating and hot water provided by a fantastic eco-friendly lakebed ground source heating system. There are two loos, sinks and showers in each of the ladies and gents washroom, as well as a separate additional accessible washroom for wheelchair users. Hairdryer provided in the ladies too!
Optional Extras for Your Holiday
- Kayaks – most guests that come to stay do hire a 3-person kayak to have for the duration of their stay (£45-£65 depending on length of stay) FIND OUT MORE ON OUR KAYAK INFO PAGE
- Firepit – with unlimited logs; stay cosy as you enjoy the great outdoors, you can toast marshmallows on these too (£45-£65 depending on length of stay)
- Towels – bath towels and hand towels for your stay (£5 per person)